Re: Chatswood station/update

Paul McCabe wrote:

> There's no access to the platform for passengers.  The stairs have been
> blocked off by a locking door.  There's also no track.

Could never understand why they didn't retain the track in place when Chatswood
was resignaled around 1994-95.

Now there's just a deep long earth/clay trench where the track used to be.
Surely it would have been more cost effective to retain the track in place.

I did manage to get a picture of the deep trench along with one of the NSW
government signs of the day (Liberal) promoting the resignalling project with
the slogan "Building Better Railways" in the background. Ironic.

Regards,

Jon Lau