Re: G Class

bruceedwards@yahoo.com (bruce edwards) wrote in
<3AEC14AF.707F736C@yahoo.com>:

>Can anyone tell me of the fate of the G Class G517,518 and G523 locos
>that have been withdrawn from ops, are they preserved,leased or scrapped
>?

G523 was back in service late last year, with it's spanking new (well
secondhand) 645-F3B (correct me on this) engine for more horsepower. The
engine has since been down rated due to vibrations.

G517 and 518 are both stored, but there is no hope of them ever entering
service again. They will be replaced with V544, a new loco being built by
EDI Rail at the moment, which will look somewhat like the WA Q class and
QLD 4000 class.

MK.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Never engage in an intellectual argument with an idiot.
They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience --
(Unknown)