Re: An idea of mine - express trams

In article <01c0d0a6$68179b60$a52365cb@default>, Bradley Torr wrote:
> I then came up with a solution - on the busier tram routes, build three
> tracks along the route instead of two. The track in the centre can be set
> up for bi-directional running for the sole purpose of express running
> during the peak hours. It might not work on the lines which travel along
> fairly narrow streets (such as many of the south-eastern routes in
> Melbourne), but it might work on routes along wide boulevards, such as St.
> Kilda Road and Royal Parade and Victoria Parade.

While the idea of express trams is nice.  I don't ever see this
happening.  The money would be better spent on off road light rail
systems (like routes 96 and 109) and increasing the number of fairways.

Infact I think a lot of problems could be solved if they banned street
parking on many roads and made the tram tracks into fairways.  There
might even be room for bicycle lanes and the traffic would flow just as
well.

--
Jeremy Lunn
ICQ: 19255837