[VIC] R761 on WCR/SWRail's Echuca trip

As most of you probably know, R761 hauled today's WCR/SWRail Echuca tour
due to R766's failure several weeks ago. The consist from Melbourne was
R761 - BK714 - BRS? - BZ? - ACZ? - RMS2360 - PCP? - VOAF9. I
photographed the down tour at the top of the 1 in 50 grade out of
Sunbury and at Woodend. R761 reached the cutting near the top of the
grade at 0905, but couldn't get any traction on the wet rails and came
to a stop. After twenty minutes and several failed attempts, R761
finally managed to get going again at 0925. It then passed Woodend at
1008.

Although I like WCR's super R livery, my favourite R class livery is
still the original red and black, especially when there are no obtrusive
Steamrail headboards on the front. Thank you WCR and SWRail for running
R761 without one. This is only the second time that I have seen R761
without a headboard since I started rail photography back in 1993.

Here is an image capture from MiniDV video of a very good looking,
headboard-less R761 struggling with the special at the top of the grade
out of Sunbury:
http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/pics/vidcaps/r761_wcr_echuca_trip.jpg

Please Note: This image is copyright and must not be used for anything
other than personal non-profit use without my permission.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au