Re: (NSW) derailments

"Proceed" <proceed@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
jkzG6.1203$VM5.42226@ozemail.com.au">news:jkzG6.1203$VM5.42226@ozemail.com.au...
| Has there ever been a derailment or a power failure in the city cirlce?

No idea.

| Is it likely that a train could derail?

Of course, a derailment can happen anywhere. In fact, I thought I had one
myself last year. Just left St. James heading to Circular Quay when I heard
an almighty bang, the door of the Tangara came crashing open with glass
everywhere, there were sparks and grinding, scraping noises. After I jumped
clear - hard to do in the tunnel - terrified of getting eloctrocuted, I
checked that it was still on the road and continued round to Central where
the quippies checked it out. The hand grip bars beside the door were
flattened and there was damage to the fibreglass at the front and all down
the side.