Re: New trams

David McLoughlin wrote:

> Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:
>
> > I really think the money spent on the Box Hill tram extension would have
> > been better spent extending the East Burwood line to Knox...
>
> Um, that is being done too. It is the next project. The Box Hill
> extension is 50 years overdue, the Knox one only five.

My understanding is that after originally promising to extend to Knox, the "BRACKS" government (formerly known as the Victorian State government) have now taken a step back and have committed only to evaluating the tram as one option for improving transport in that area.

Doesn't sound too promising to me.

Chris Brownbill.