Re: [NSW] CityRail's Ghost Train

Take the human element out of Sydney's DVA operation and the system would
work fine. Melbourne doesnt seem to have any problems, their information is
time set and accurate. Stations such as Parramatta and Hurstville operate on
a countdown system and work fine, but go to stations like Seven Hills and
Redfern where staff operate it, and it can either be incorrect, played as
the train departs, or not played at all.

Glen Burns <glen@insnews.org> wrote in message
3ae8177a@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3ae8177a@news.iprimus.com.au...
> What amazes me is that the computer still spits out the train on platofrom
> number xx goes to xxx. well before the train is even there, sometime some
> minutes... also they are set to go off before the train gets there at some
> stations, which should say the train about to arrive on platoform xx.
they