Re: Yarra MCG Chaos

In aus.rail, on 26 Apr 2001, Ted Gay announced:

>"OgO" <quentisl@leaves.qjc.cjb.net> wrote in message
>Xns908F6644F1E8Bogo1mynxwowaustcom@203.109.250.24">news:Xns908F6644F1E8Bogo1mynxwowaustcom@203.109.250.24...
>
>As staff rosters would have been done a week or more back,
>where do the drivers for extra services come from?  Assuming
>that changes to rosters need to be notified to staff with at
>least one weeks notice then drivers could not be directed to
>work yesterday at short notice.

Fair enough.  One thing I thought of when I responded was the
way, when there is an accident or something which closes a rail
line, they are able to organise extra busses from bus companies
and use them to ferry people.  If the bus companies are able to
find these busses/drivers within about 1/2 hour, couldn't yarra
trams have come up with something in at least a couple days.

Surely from their staff, they could find some people willing to
work the public holiday in order to staff extra services, even
at say, 2 days notice?

Regards

OgO
--
My Win9x Cursors: http://qjc.cjb.net/cursors.html
Please don't send me junk leaves! (take them out before

No Silicon Heaven?  But where do all the calculators go? -
Kryten.