Re: Yarra MCG Chaos

"OgO" <quentisl@leaves.qjc.cjb.net> wrote in message
Xns908F6644F1E8Bogo1mynxwowaustcom@203.109.250.24">news:Xns908F6644F1E8Bogo1mynxwowaustcom@203.109.250.24...

> I don't know when Yarra Trams was notifyed of the car part
> closure, but since the public knew a couple of days beforehand,
> even if they didn't know before then it should have been enough
> time to organise extra trams.  Therefore it was yarra Trams
> fault for not being able to organise themselves...

As staff rosters would have been done a week or more back, where do the
drivers for extra services come from?  Assuming that changes to rosters need
to be notified to staff with at least one weeks notice then drivers could
not be directed to work yesterday at short notice.  I'm not defending Yarra
Trams but as a shift worker trying to point out that a shift worker's life
should not be subject to sudden chops and changes.  If the general public
(greenies, brownies, pinkoes, rednecks, whatever) expect extra services on
public holidays then they should use them in numbers whether or not the car
park is open!

Ted