Re: Will 3801 run to Darwin?

I'm still waiting to see a SG steam locomotive hauled train travel between
Melbourne and Adelaide.

Were there any SG steam trips through SA between the opening of the Whyalla
line in 1972 hauled by 3801 and 3642 and the visit of the Flying Scotsman in
1988? I don't remember any other SG steam trips since the Commonwealth
Railways withdrew their SG steam locos, but then again I'm not old enough to
remember the Ellen Street station in Port Pirie.

5YtF6.4478$QV4.372012@www.newsranger.com">news:5YtF6.4478$QV4.372012@www.newsranger.com...