Re: [v] total f%$k up at FSS Mon 23/4 evening

Mick Stock wrote:

> Tonight (Mon 23 Apr) there were extensive delays (20+ mins) on Lilydale
> & Belgrave trains from FSS.  For example, a 6-car Comeng was sitting on
> plat. 2 from around 19:20 until 19:38 "not taking passengers", until
> someone FINALLY decided to split it in 2, then run a 3-car set as the
> 19:17 Lilydale (left FSS 24mins late). The 18:59 Belgrave was in a
> similar situation - only 3 cars and AT LEAST 20 mins late!
>
> AS USUAL, there was NO ONE SINGLE ANNOUNCEMENT as to the reason for the
> delays.  There was a group of 6 or 7 drivers at the Swantson ST end of
> plat. 2/3 who were being kept in the dark as well. One even offered (at
> 19:22) to take the Comeng on plat 2 to Lilydale as the 19:17, however
> when he contacted the control center, they wouldn't have a bar of it
> (more interested in having 3 cars somewhere else rather that getting
> people home).  There were no signal/points failure as far as I've been
> able to find out, FSS-bound trains appeared to be running on time, at
> least from Camberwell outwards. There were PLENTY of trains in the
> siding at Ringwood, Camberwell, and Burnely, so if an trains were
> defective, then there was plenty of opportunity to do something about
> it.

Sounds even worse than State Rail (and that's *really* saying something
at times!)

--

Michael Hendy

Webmaster, http://biisetup.cjb.net
Any technical questions about Basilisk II should be directed to the
person maintaining the port in question. General support can be directed
to the Delphi forums.

--
"The world's programmers are trying to make the best idiot-proof
software. The universe, however, is trying to make the best idiot.