Re: 3RD track

----------
In article <slrn9e7bb9.uo.spammers-will-die@amalthea.dark.net>,
spammers-will-die@austux.net (Jeremy Lunn) wrote:

>I do recall Laburnam station being elevated so that would be expensive
>and also Heatherdale station is in a cutting.  They are going to have to
>do it someday though (unless Melbourne isn't growing or public transport
>usage drops majorly).

There lies the whole problem, every one says its too expensive to be taken
seriously, yet will watch the gov't spend hundreds of millions on freeways.
Someone has to bite the bullet and decide to do it. Someone bit the bullet
many years ago when the line was built so why not again?
Rail needs to have its needs weighed on an equal footing to road to get a
fair deal.
Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne