RE: (NSW)- new signalling at Albion Park

>===== Original Message From "B." <b.spammed@four12.net> =====
>"signal engineer" <signal_engineer@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message
>3ACD5122@MailAndNews.com">news:3ACD5122@MailAndNews.com...
>
>> I'm surprised that no one has noticed the new computer based signalling at
>> Albion Park yet. It's been in for a week and it's being controlled via a
>> make-shift push button box in the old signal box. The signalman also has a
>> HP
>> Pavilion PC which is talking to the computer based signalling system to
>show
>> him the state of the railway so he can set routes.
>
>Why can't he just use the PC (running WestCad I presume?) to control the
>points & signals?
>
>--
>B.
>
>Email - b at four12 dot net
>ICQ#  - eight two three two nine seven three four
>Phone - long, short, long, long.

Westcad butts up to a S2 SCADA system. In this system the PC is actually the
technician's Moviola PC with a modified picture for the signaller and gets
the
'state of the railway' info from the Westrace CBI Diagnostic port. The push
button box is made up from the future inputs of the Signal pushbuttons (in
the
final scheme if the telemetry fails the drivers can operate the signals via
these pushbuttons). This system is only in use for a couple of weeks (until
the 6 week shutdown) after which the complete signalling system (well Dapto
Kiama portion) will be brought into use and controlled from Wollongong. They
don't want a Westcad system as Wollongong is a control desk/diagram console
so
it's being interfaced into that.

regards