Re: [NSW] 'Errors' in the Central Coast Timetable

Using tare weights (courtesy CityRail's web site):

V-set 2 car (base unit)    160kW (thanks apb) x 4 for 100t = 6.4kW/t

K-set 2 car (base unit)    150kW(?) x 4 for 88t = 6.8kW/t.

There's not much in it although the gearing is for higher top speed in V-sets?

Sadly, both rather pale when compared with a QR CITYTRAIN SMU Mk II (train
specs courtesy of the public timetable):
3 car set (base unit)    180kW x 8 for 122.1t = 11.8kW/t, very serious grunt
!!

The Millennium sets (2 car base unit) will be 226kW x 4 for 92t = 9.8kW/t
(anyone know any different, I've used originally advised motor ratings and
Tangara weight for comparative purposes???)

While on QR's Mk II SMUs I noticed on the set I caught this morning (and all
others that I saw) have the letters "HS" stencilled on the front.  Is this an
abbreviation for "High Speed" indicative that they've been modified to 120km/h
top speed (up from 100km/h)?

Chris

9bla15$1rc$1@tomahawk.unsw.edu.au">news:9bla15$1rc$1@tomahawk.unsw.edu.au...