re:national guage standardisation

I think the ongoing debate being witnessed in this ng should answer the
reasons as to why we have so many guages in au.
The railroad engineers of yesterday came from many parts of the
commonwealth, particularly the uk.
Each and everyone of them strongly believed their ideas were the best so
therefor convinced the powers to be ( were ) to construct the guage they
wanted.
As for 4'8.5" becoming the standard nationally,
who gives a brass razoo what the guage is, just do it and get the rail
industry moving forward.
These sort of arguements put us back a hundred years.
State v state etc etc...............
av a nice one.
avachat