Re: [NSW] Hunter Trip yesterday and 2-car K-SET

"Maikha V Ly" <maikha@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message
3AE26F0F@MailAndNews.com">news:3AE26F0F@MailAndNews.com...

> Going home from Hamilton was a pain in the rear-end, after some knuchled
> head
> train despatcher gave us a 2-Car K-SET for the 2:08pm Ex. Hamilton to
Sydney
> run!!!  which was ridiculously stupid as my high-expectations are a V-SET,
> cramming passengers into a Sardene Can (2-car set) all along the Coast,
and
> me
> sitting in bloody uncomfortable seats which if I sat longer would have
given
> me Economy Class Syndrome!
>
> Anywayz, why the F***** hell did a 2car Sardene Can have to run us 3hrs,
all
> stations, running 8mins late from Hamilton to Strathfield where I was
> eagerly
> awaiting my connection, a G-SET service to Springwood?!?

Should have checked the timetable - the K-set has to get to Sydney for
maintenance, and I think (from memory) that it is overtaken once or twice en
route (Wyong and Gosford I think). It is not a service I would choose to use
from Newcastle to Sydney.

Dave