Re: any hints for a long distance train traveller to be?

6.With no TV or movies, I'd expect Country Link to provide some magazine
like the airlines do. Am I right?
Country Link does have its own in house magazine like the airlines do. Apart
from that, you might be lucky to find an old copy of Time magazine that some
other passenger has left behind. It has always been a tradition in rail
travel to buy yourself a magazine at the station before departure.

Yes there is a countrylink magazine available. You'll have read it from
cover to cover before you reach Strathfield!
For crossword fans, I challenge ANYONE to fully complete the crossword in
April's magazine without referring to the answer on page 30.