Re: [melb] yearly met cards

In article <3ADC251A.4DD5B256@iprimus.com.au>, Peter wrote:
> As this may have been mentioned previously, Metcards should not be
> stored in plastic pockets, holders, etc., as plastic does "sweat" and
> damages black magnetic strip.  That's the reason why only cardboard
> holders are given to customers to store their Metcards.

I keep mine in my wallet.  I don't see how two bits of cardboard will
keep it better.  It just makes it so it won't fit in my wallet and so
I would loose it more easily in which case I'd have to pay the tax to
get a replacement (I'm sure the vic gov would love that).

The hole responsibility shouldn't be placed on the consumer at all like
it currentally is.  If something goes wrong 90% of the time it is your
own fault.  If the machine swallows your ticket, then it's your own
fault.  Neither the train company or the company who manages the
machines will take responsilility.  And part of them taking
responsibility should mean the go to smart card ticketing.

--
Jeremy Lunn
ICQ: 19255837