Re: [melb] yearly met cards

railvic@iprimus.com.au (Peter) wrote in <3ADC251A.4DD5B256@iprimus.com.au>:

>As this may have been mentioned previously, Metcards should not be
>stored in plastic pockets, holders, etc., as plastic does "sweat" and
>damages black magnetic strip.  That's the reason why only cardboard
>holders are given to customers to store their Metcards.

Those paper ticket holders are as useless as shit. Stored my monthly in one
of them for about two weeks and the expiry date rubbed off. Now I use a
Cityrail ticket holder (plastic, with window face) - as I used before my
last one went missing in action, and the ticket seems to survive a lot
better.

Have only had one ticket fail during service inside a plastic holder. The
paper holders also have sharp corners and don't really do much good to your
pocket lining.

Perhaps the real reason for abolishing plastic ticket holders is because
it's much easier to hold one of them up to a gate attendant than it is a
paper one, forcing people to conform with un-necessary re-validation...

MK.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Whip ME, Beat ME. "Windows ME".