Re: [MELB] Trams Stops in Balcava x 12

paul+usenet@dwerryhouse.com.au (Paul Dwerryhouse) wrote in
<9b8tsi$ig1$1@merrick.home>:

>usenet.spam@gunzel.net (Michael) writes:
>
>>One day I was aboard a comfortable Z1 class tram along St Kilda road,
>>right behind a W, when I saw the pole on the W fall sideways. Looked
>>like one of the bits of wood holding it upright broke, and the
>>"mechanism" ended up on it's side, with the pole hanging off the side
>>of the tram.
>
>Weirdest thing I ever saw was a pole getting caught on the overhead wire
>somehow, and then breaking off from the W, which left it swinging over
>the middle of the tracks. That would have been an interesting one to
>remove :)
>
>This was up at the Melb Uni interchange. There was a guy selling the Big
>Issue nearby who was laughing so hard he was in hysterics...

Having been at a school right behind a tram depot for 6 years, I got to see
some spectacular entanglements in my time, but unfortunately not one that
good (-:

Best I saw was once again a W, pole came off, went up through the hole in
the big web of wires and kept bouncing through as the tram kept moving for
another 10-15M. When it came to a stop, there were a number of people
frantically trying to get the pole out for no less than 20 minutes and
eventually had to use the other pole to move the tram slightly.

MK.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Whip ME, Beat ME. "Windows ME".