Re: [MELB] Trams Stops in Balcava x 12

usenet.spam@gunzel.net (Michael) writes:

>One day I was aboard a comfortable Z1 class tram along St Kilda road, right
>behind a W, when I saw the pole on the W fall sideways. Looked like one of
>the bits of wood holding it upright broke, and the "mechanism" ended up on
>it's side, with the pole hanging off the side of the tram.

Weirdest thing I ever saw was a pole getting caught on the overhead wire
somehow, and then breaking off from the W, which left it swinging over the
middle of the tracks. That would have been an interesting one to remove :)

This was up at the Melb Uni interchange. There was a guy selling the Big
Issue nearby who was laughing so hard he was in hysterics...

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse (paul@dwerryhouse.com.au)