[Vic/SA] Long Overland

Over hearing tonight's Overland got very interesting consist, I took a drive
down to North Melbourne railfan platform to see the train.

I got there around 1945 the first train appeared on SG was Sydney bound XPT
at 2010(20 minutes late) with only 6 carriages and approximately 70% full.
(hmm.....not doing very well I must say)

Waited there for another 50 minutes before Overland appeared(an hour late,
having left Adelaide 40 minutes late). The consist were:

NR81
Power car
Luggage van(Chalaki)
Club car No. 3(Makkari)
Coach(Mokai)
Coach(Purpawi)
Coach(Kildali)
Coach(Mururi)
Coach(Nankuri)
Kookaburra club
Kookaburra club
Roomette(Allambi)
Twinette(Tawarri)
Twinette(Yankai)
Roomette(Tantini)
Twinette(Dorai)
Twinette(Weroni)
Twinette(IP BRJ999) Red Kangaroo class sleeper(Holiday sleeper) use as 1st
class roomette
Coach(Tarkinji)
Kookaburra club car
Twinette(IP ARL 992)
Twinette(IP ARJ 243)
Twinette(IP ARL925)
Twinette(IP ARL 308)
Power(Paitei)
Motorail

***************DON'T GET TOO EXCITING YET, HERE'S THE BAD
NEWS!!**************

The train was way too long for platform1 and another loco (NR77 was required
to pull everything after "Yankai" to platform 2 for passenger disembark.
This further delay the train as the complete train was locked up during this
process, the passengers wait till NR77 arrived and pulled 2nd part of the
train onto next platform, and further delay approx. 10-12 minutes or so.
Most passengers weren't very happy at all being locked up for so long also
passengers on platform2 were confused with direction and wondered where
their luggages were.

I though this probabily won't please some passengers....indeed I over heard
2 of my least favour sentances:

"TITLTITT"   and "WDYFNT"  (Come on, Ansett ddin't do very well either)

Cheers
James