re: [NSW] T99

To all

Last Saturday (7/4/01) I apparently had a ride in Tangara set T99 from
Lidcombe to Werrington, 'going home' (I believe that's a name of some SBS
show?!?) from a long day, travelling in the comforts of an OD Carriage!!

I believe from a past discussion in this ng, T99 is obviously a T-SET, but
has
an OD (Or properly, a G-SET Driving Trailer) on the set because of
'switched'
carriages between past Tanagra sets involved in accidents and Derailments
(Concord and Vineyard)

I didn't realised it when I was catching some service (If anyone can
identify
the service,it arrived at Werrington at around 6:15pm) from Lidcombe, an
8car
Tangara pulls in, T99 target plate I was looking at, Thinking to myself :
"mmm....haven't I heard of that set somewhere before?", and then, as I was
in
the middle of the platform, I noticed the middle of the 8-car T-SET, the
middle carriage having G-SET door open buttons!
Took a closer look at the carriage I was boarding with the carriage number
having "OD" and finally realising

"Bloody hell, T99, the one with the G-SET carriage!".

The rest of my tired evening, travelled in style to Werrington.

Cheers
Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
P.S. I do know why the buttons are there, so to keep as many doors closed if
necessary, so there aren't any disruptive air flows to the airconditioning
system (If I explained that properly) but whay the hell aren't they used?!?
(e.g. V-SET doors!)

"Behind every troll on newsgroups, is a human being, in a house, on a
computer" (Maikha Ly)