Re: [NSW]CCTV Spying on staff

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:04:46 +1000, "Tezza"
<tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

>"paul" <paulwatts@xoptushome.com.au> wrote in message
>3ad01f01.40045151@news">news:3ad01f01.40045151@news...
>
>| The problem mgmt have is that train crew are rather more organised and
>| powerful than station staff
>
>I disagree. Station staff are the ones who got the huge pay rises under Work
>and Job Re-design, the Drivers haven't recieved anything. The Drivers
>haven't been on strike since 1984, the guards and station staff were on
>strike last year. The Drivers Union won't even threaten to go on strike,
>that would upset Labor and the Masons.

Job and Work wasn't initiated by station staff, but by management.
They wanted to use it as a tool to cut out and downgrade jobs, but by
the time it was done most of the cuts had been watered down, Some
bright spark agreed to backdate it to 1995 and thats why some staff
received quite large amounts of back pay from it.

Their ability to stop trains from running gives train crew bargaining
position, if you like, not enjoyed by other classifications, even at
the local level. Were the SM and an outdepot to start pushing the
issue of safety vests among train crew, things could be made very
uncomfortable for him very quickly. He could probably expect a few
friendly phone calls from high places within hours.

paul x is the spam filter