Re: XPT's Reduced

> You are faced with either eating or rejecting what is on offer with the
> airline. If you reject it, you can eat at the other end.
>
> However, on a 14 hour train journey from Sydney to Brisbane, you do not
have
> that option. If you have not taken food with you, you either do not eat
> (missing out on dinner in the meantime) or you eat what they have on
board.

> Either way, I would rather be on a plane for 80 minutes with courteous
staff
> paying $55 rather than be on a trainfor 14 hours with insolent and rude
> staff for the same fare.
>
> Dave

I gave up on this crowd 18 months ago. Crappy food, non passenger oriented
timetables, and "staff" whose prime concern certainly is not their customer,
why would anyone want to travel Countrylink? As for their "food", its paper
thin, tasteless and expensive. But like David says, there isn't much you can
do about it when you are caught on board.

Now that it seems the sets will be reduced to 5 cars, do you think that
Countrylink might finally realise that they no longer have a marketable
product?

Glenn