Re: XPT's Reduced

"Erk" <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote in message
3ad413df@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3ad413df@news.iprimus.com.au...

> | Well, what would you rather do, pay $55 and be there in just over an
hour
> | with polite, helpful staff and a meal thrown in, or pay about the same,
be
> | on a train for 10 hours with surly, rude and arrogant on board crew and
> | below standard catering? Even for pensioners using vouchers going to
> | Brisbane or Melbourne, the amount they have to pay from the border to
> | BNE/MEL makes the airlines look extremely attractive.
>
> Why pay for a crappy meal on an hour's flight as part of the price of the
> ticket when you can choose what you want to eat at either end?

You are faced with either eating or rejecting what is on offer with the
airline. If you reject it, you can eat at the other end.

However, on a 14 hour train journey from Sydney to Brisbane, you do not have
that option. If you have not taken food with you, you either do not eat
(missing out on dinner in the meantime) or you eat what they have on board.

Either way, I would rather be on a plane for 80 minutes with courteous staff
paying $55 rather than be on a trainfor 14 hours with insolent and rude
staff for the same fare.

Dave