Re: Overseas Reader Query (from railway digest)

>"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in reply to Rod:
> "Rod [comtrain]" <freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Yard Hogs ?   he actually mistook a NR for a  Pilot ??
> > You just gotta smile :o)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
> > should we further trouble him with links to Hammersley??
> > I guess he would find it hard to believe Australia runs some of the
> longest
> > and heaviest trains in the world !

>Said Dave:
> Ummm, it was published in the April digest - and check out the date
> mentioned in it.

Said Tell:
Dont read digest or any other gunzel publication so can
not comment on that bit.  I go see for myself and the
Pilbara operators were hauling the worlds heaviest 20
years ago.!

Err, cough-cough, they do use US top-shelf rail
"standards" to achieve this however. :)

....Tell