Re: Remove City Loop trains from Burnley group lines

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> The whole point of the other proposals to stop reversing the loop direction
> at 1pm is to simplify it for passengers.

Quite so.

Granted that we have so often established on this newsgroup that
Melbourne is different from the rest of Australia (and the rest of the
world) about matters such as validating tickets, could we please now
also establish

(a) whether there is anywhere else in the world where the direction of
travel around a city loop changes in the middle of the day like it does
in Melbourne, and

(b) given that it has never been necessary in Sydney to change the
direction of running on the City Circle in the middle of the day, why
did Melbourne take such an innovative (?) action?

I look forward to understanding more about the unique characteristics of
the Melbourne system and/or the people who designed and use it.

Eddie