Re: A thumbs up to trains

tony bailey wrote:

> Having said that of course, there could very easily be a place for electric
> powered deliver vehicles running on Trolley Bus overhead or on tram tracks -
> they have existed in the past!
>
> --
> Tony Bailey
> Mercury World Travel
> Mercury Travel Books
> mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au

I read that in Dresden, Germany, a new Volkswagen factory is about to open, and supplies of car components will be delivered to it by a fleet of brand new freight trams operating on the existing electric metropolitan street tramway network.  Particularly interesting given that its a car company!

Chris Brownbill.