Re: A Stunning example of the inbalance of the Rail Safety Act 1993 (NSW)

"Marvin The Martian" <choochoo@spin.net.au> wrote in message
3ACCEEFB.3C33D70F@spin.net.au">news:3ACCEEFB.3C33D70F@spin.net.au...
> Buses were organized on this night but it takes more than 10 minutes. Do
you
> expect State Rail to foresee all problems? or do you expect them to have
buses
> at every station in case something happens. Buses were organized and if
you had
> waited you would have found out. As for the information this is one thing
that
> they could improve upon.
<Snip>

That's the problem with a lot of these organisations (railways, buses,
airlines): Not giving out information.

How many times I've sat at a station or departure lounge waiting and not
knowing if the train, bus or plane is going to arrive shortly or I should I
just find myself a place to crash or drink. Not telling the punter what is
going on (or worse, lying to the punter, as happened to me with Cathay
Pacific one time) is the best way to increase stress levels for passengers
and staff.

I was hoping that with the Olympic upgrades, CityWail would improve it's
customer service but it didn't happen. Luckily I have the choice of buses as
well.