Re: A Stunning example of the inbalance of the Rail Safety Act 1993 (NSW)

Ivan Smith <ivsmith11@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
YP8z6.6523$Xi1.50826@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:YP8z6.6523$Xi1.50826@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
 > Rod Speed <rod_speed@yahoo.com> wrote
>> Ivan Smith <ivsmith11@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote

>>> In the course of defending this charge I had
>>> a chance to read the Act from start to end.

>> I gave you the url to read it online.

> Funny that I already had the act in tangible form,
> printed well before your electronic reference to it.

Pathetic really, even you should be able to manage better than that.

>>> Last evening the 17:26 out of Jannali
>>> to Cronulla turned up on time at Jannali.

>>> Without fair warning

>> They cant give a warning when they dont have the info.

> They can improve their efficiency though instead of
> running around like headless chooks, as they inevitably do.

Different issue entirely to that bit of silly shit from you that was in response
to. Even the SRA has no crystal ball that will predict all failures in advance.

> It'd be quite amusing if I weren't so annoyed at being stranded
> by their lack of a working procedure in these situations.

Turns out you were stupid enough to assume that the working proceedure
in place would not eventuate. Stupid enough to storm up before there
was any possibility of the bus showing up to cover that system failure.

Yes, they should have announced that, but thats hardly a hanging
offence and you made a very spectacular fool of yourself ranting on
about the Rail Safety Act 1993 and not the lack of an announcement.

> The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing when this happens

More mindless bullshit. They knew that buses would show up.
Their only deficiency is that they didnt tell stupids like you.

> and unless you're there experiencing it,
> you have no idea of what I'm talking about.

Complete and utter bullshit. Its obvious what happened
unless you are actually lying about what happened.

>>> we were informed first by the guard that there had
>>> been a signal failure and the train would remain at
>>> Sutherland. Length of the delay unknown. Fair enough.

>>> Then the station announcement comes on and states that this train
>>> is terminating here. The guard gets on and says the same thing.

>>> I live at Cronulla which is miles away from Sutherland. So
>>> we all stood on the platform like stunned mullets (as usual)
>>> with no information, in the cold and dark, and after about
>>> 10 minutes of this, I and several others started to make for
>>> the exits, after realising the situation had deteriorated so badly
>>> in the communication up and down the line, that Sutherland
>>> Station had no idea, as usual, leaving us all pissed off and angry.

>>> What really pissed me off about this was that I had paid
>>> for me weekly at the start of the week, and I couldn't get
>>> the service I had recently been unfairly fined for.

>> Poor widdle diddums. You get a substantial reduction with a
>> weekly ticket and thats one of the downsides with them, stupid.

> I don't give a rats arse what your stance is on this.

No one gives a rats arse about your silly little tantrum, boy.

> I paid for a service which wasn't delivered. Discounted or not.

Poor widdle diddums. You get a substantial reduction with a
weekly ticket and thats one of the downsides with them, stupid.

>>> I walked from Sutherland to Miranda ($15 cab, $27 to Cronulla),
>>> as there were no Taxis, busses or offers from the SRA of
>>> alternate transport or reimbursement of alternate fare costs.

>> Thats life. The SRA is fresh out of magic wands to wave.

> That's not life.

Corse it is. Its never gunna be practical to have a fleet of buses
permanently parked at every station so when something stops
the train, they can just direct you sheep to those buses.

It will always take time for the buses to
show up. You get to like that or lump it.

> I will not lay down and accept that.

You can chuck as many tantrums as you like, little boy,
and stamp that tiny foot till it drops off, and spit as many
dummys as you like. NOTHING will change when you do.

Because there is no practical alternative when the
train cant complete the trip it was supposed to do.

If you dont like that downside with the railways,
you'd better use a different mode of transport
instead. And wear the downsides with that too.

> They are a government beurocracy

You quite sure you aint one of those rocket scientist children boy ?

> which needs to be brough seriously into
> line and do their job as per the description.

Not possible.

What is possible is to accept the fact that every mode
of transport has its downsides and you chucking a
tantrum when you dont like that wont change a thing.

>>> All I could think of "where's my refund on my ticket, for a trip you
>>> would gladly fine me for, $100, if I didn't have a valid ticket to travel?"

>> More fool you.

> No.

Yep.

>>> - Failure to deliver a service, which is completely
>>> covered in the SRA's favour, in the Act.

>> Because thats the only possible way to run a railway, stupid.

> No,

Yep.

> because, the assumtption in the legislation is that passengers
> are little more than units fullfilling the requirements of the act.

Wota silly little wanker you are boy.

>> We aint interested in paying an even bigger subsidy to
>> the railways so the likes of you get what you demand.

> Hey, dick.

Hey, no dick.

> I pay taxes and fees too

And you'd have to pay even more if the govt was
stupid enough to run the railway the way you demand.

Even Labor aint THAT stupid.

> and I'm a contributing member of the community

Dont believe it. Just a silly little trantrum chucking child who
chucks a tantrum when something isnt exactly what it demands.

Soorree, we know how to deal with tantrum chucking children.

> I don't want to pay extra either.

No one cares what you want boy.

> I just want them to perform the way they should,

They already do. No one is stupid enough
to run a railway the way you demand.

> and even the balance up a bit.

Wota wanka.

>> You dont like the deal ? Dont use the railway. Its as basic as that.

> It's crossed my mind.

I dont expect to see any reports at the SRA all
leaping from their windows like lemmings if you do.

Cant imagine why for the life of me.

And there isnt a shred of evidence that you actually have a mind anyway.

>>> So my point is that the Rail Safety Act 1993 is stacked.
>>> It's stacked against the commuters and for the SRA.

>> You dont like the deal ? Dont use the railway. Its as basic as that.

> It's crossed mmy mind.

See above.

 >>> The clauses which pertain to last nights (all too common)
>>> situation are clearly letting the SRA off the hook
>>> with their obligation to service they must provide.

>> Because thats the only viable way to run a railway, stupid.

> No,

Yep.

> because, the assumtption in the legislation is that passengers
> are little more than units fullfilling the requirements of the act.

Wota wanka.

>>> What is the mechanism for a fare refund claim??

>> Ask them, stupid.

> No I'm asking you lot in here.

You didnt get an answer. Funny that.

> I wouldn't be asking in here if it were common knowledge would I???

Never said a word about common knowledge boy. I told you who to ask.

>>> If they can fine me for an innocent circumstantial
>>> incident according to their legislation, then there
>>> must be a mechanism for us to claim back off them.

>> Wrong.

> Obviously.

>>> There isn't though because the Rail Safety Act 1993
>>> is stacked against commuters in the most part.

>> Complete pack of lies.

> I beg to differ as usual with you.

Get down on your knees and beg properly boy.

And some stupid tantrum chucking child is completely
irrelevant anyway. You're the one so stupid you cant work
out the basics of how the railways work and can only work.