Woomera spur line revisited.

The other week I did a quick trip from Alice to
Adelaide and return.  I stopped off on my return at
Pimba where the o'l Commonwealth Railways built a
branch line to Woomera way back in the fifties, trod by
many a GM and CB BUDD class.

The branch to Woomera has been torn up since my last
inspection some years ago.
However a long section of the branch line still remains
which ends some 1-point-something or other Kms north of
Pimba in a dirt mound "buffer stop".

Noted on one of the latter day spurs constructed for
the Roxby Downs (Olympic Dam Uranium & Copper mine)
project from the Pimba triangle were wagons GE 650 and
an AZLF van which had a string of "gangers" flats
sitting in front of them.

I was unable to revisit the old Woomera station because
of a gate and checkpoint built across the road to the
old station which has sprung up since the flood of the
so called "refugees".!

....Tell