Re: Endevours vs Explorers [was Re: $50 million for new trains in Hunter]

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> "Adam Dunning" <adamdunning@start.com.au> wrote in message
>
> > So what are the differences between the Endevours and the explorers?
> > What might possibly be needed to be done to convert them?
>
> Purely internal (apart from the doors behind the drivers cab) - would not
> take too much to convert them, I would imagine, the hardest part might be
> the fitting of a toilet and catering facilities in the LE (or is it the TE,
> I can never remember).

Considering that TE's already have a toilet in them.....

My biggest gripe about the Endeavours is the lack of reversible seats.  Even a
guard on a Rattler that I was chatting to the other day reckoned they'd be a
lot better with them (his personal opinion was that the Rattlers would outlast
the Endeavours).

Another mod I'd make to the Endeavours is turn the bike racks around so that
they are facing the aisle (like the V-sets) rather than the North-South axis
of the train.  I'd also remove the end luggage racks (I've never seen them
used) and put at least another bike hook there.

Al