Re: airport link

Nathan Cox wrote:

> I'd like to know why the hell you can't get a train to the airport from the
> city until after 5am.

There's nothing from the East Hills line which gets there earlier. It
would require an extra train from Campbelltown at about 4am, and
probably an extra Turella yoyo from the city (connecting from the west).
Would also require some Illawarra line trains stopping additionally at
Wolli Creek.

In the first instance, I would suggest writing to CityRail to see if
they are prepared to run earleir trains. If not (unlikely from a single
letter), send another letter signed by as many airport employees as
possible. Note: draft it as a letter, not a petition as such. Send
copies to the Minister, Shadow Minister and the MLA whose electorate
includes the airport. If you are a member of a union, they might also be
prepared to take up the case.

It might be worthwhile seeing if the Sydney Airports Corporation will
write to CityRail on behalf of all employees on site.

Cheers
David