NSWGR 79 class/Christmas Island

I came across one of those re-enactment programs last night on the telly (Ch
5 UK) about swarms: ie piranha, locust, killer bee, ant, snakes, etc. Then
they did a piece about red crabs; apparently on Christmas Island these
harmless critters migrate in their millions across the island, many getting
crushed by cars, people - and trains.

They had several nice telephoto shots of a low hood loco gingerly creeping
along through a sea of red. Presumably this would be one of the ex-79 class
locos which went to C.I. in the mid 1970s. I recall that the line closed
about 10 years ago, so they must have used old footage.

Does anyone know the current status of the locos and infrastructure on
Christmas Is?

James