Re: [Sydney] All singing, all dancing announcements at Central

One of the lines was:

"CityRail has passed all the tests..........."

I thought it was against SRA policy to allow staff to display a sense of
humour etc etc..........................

I was waiting for (and was about to add) the Sound off, 1-2-3-4 bit.

They were back on 29/9 as well.

On a slightly related tack, I think that the Rover's uniform is better
looking, easily visible (no need for yellow vests, only the orange ones for
platforms/safeworking) and looks more comfortable and should be used for
CSA's. It is amazing to see the number of Rovers on my trains to and from
the City that were actually wearing the uniform compared to those who would
normally cover it up.

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com

carrington wrote in message <4g68tsg3867akr8a3j38c3il11gl9ve7hr@4ax.com>...
|Seen at 2300hrs the last 2 nights (Wed 27 & Thu 28/09/00) at Central
|station - a group of about 10-12 of the "younger" station staff,
|nicely lined up facing oncoming arriving passengers from Olympic
|trains.
|
|The staff all have their Star Wars crowd direction red-lit wands, and
|sing (chant) platform directions for travellers and do a little
|1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4 step in time with the chant :

|"Platform six-teen North shore line,