Re: Thought exercise - steam VFT

Greetings All
Matthew's suggestion has an additional advantage in that if you make the
generating plant big enough, ALL axles in the consist can be powered. This
should greatly increase your power/weight ratio and allow high speed to be
reached quickly and maintained easily. A true steam powered TGV...

Regards, John Garaty

Matthew Geier <matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message
8qut8h$k6b$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au">news:8qut8h$k6b$1@spacebar.ucc.usyd.edu.au...
> David seems pretty set on a coal fired recripocating steamer.
>  I still think they would have gone electric at the time, using the Snowy
Hydro