Re: NSW Plasma's on the Circus?

In article <39d2f948$1@news.iprimus.com.au>,
  "Erk" <erk@erkV69.au.com> wrote:
> How are the Plasma Screens working in the City Circle/ESR in your
> opinion?

Better than they were originally, but far from perfect in comparison
with other states' PIDS.

> Do you think that the other indicators will be removed after the
> Olympics?

If you mean old indicators at the stations currently with plasma's, yes
they will.  It is the final part of RSA's contract which was
basically "design, install, commission, remove existing".  I doubt we
will see plasmas installed elsewhere.....if new indicators are
installed at all, they will probably be the cheaper (and in some cases
better) SPI LED displays.

The original plan, announced when Sydenham was being installed in 1993,
was for all stations to have "some sort of real time display and audio
information" by mid 1995 :)

-------
Regards
Paul