Re: [Vic] 6 car trains on Broadmeadows line

Andrew Box <boxy@bigpond.net.au> wrote in article
<4deA5.7586$Z06.60005@news-server.bigpond.net.au>:

>I was just wondering if any of you knew why Bayside is running 6-car
>comeng/hitachi trains on the BMS line during the non-peak period?
>Usually the non-peak trains on the bms line are made out of a 3-car
>comeng, however today I caught a hitachi just after midday, this is the
>first time in a long time that I hav seen a hitachi during the non-peak
>on the bms line.

It's a school holiday thing. I'm happy, the Broadmeadows line have had
mostly Hitachis of late (bar today, 6 car Comeng on the 10:56 up from
Glenroy). Connex have also had their Hitachis out in force. For a while, I
hadn't been on a Hitachi in weeks, now I've had one every day this week so
far.

>Just a note on cleanliness, I seem to be different from just about
>every1 else, i think that bayside trains r cleaner than connex.
>Everyday i catch a train from essendon to glenferrie and I hav to say on
>most day bayside beats connex hands down in terms of rubbish and
>graffiti.

Yes, Bayside have had some well kept trains in service this week. On the
other hand, another post here reports that Bayside had 14 sets out of
service sometime this week, a/c vandalism. A Connex (unrefurbished) Comeng
earlier this week however, was filthy. This morning's Hitachi (236M) wasn't
too bad.

On the other hand, I caught the 4D on the 16:09 Box Hill last friday and it
was filthy. Someone had wilfully vandalised an otherwise healthy newspaper,
hence it was over the whole floor of the upper deck in the 3rd (M, or N for
you NSW people) car. There was also evidence of spilled soft drink and a
number of empty soft drink cans/bottles. The interconnecting door on the
middle-of-train end of the 2nd car (M as well) was not working [though
someone had probably just turned the over-ride switch].

The refurb Comeng (caught from Box Hill to Lilydale, then return to FSS)
was about as clean as it would ever be.

I guess it depends on where the train has been, what services it has run
and so-forth.

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).