Re: The QRHistory site (was Re: Avoid This Site!!!!!!!!!)

"Dean A Stalker" <dstalker@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39d08d82$0$26538$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39d08d82$0$26538$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> This message should have been posted off-line, not to aus.rail. I'd email
> Glen privately, but anything sent to glen_evans@my-deja.com just bounces.
>
> At the moment I'm still learning all the different rules regarding
copyright
> and it is my understanding that a photo can be used on a site as long as
it
> is credited to the original photographer and it is used for non-profit
> purposes. If there is more to it than that, tell me. I consider it
harmless
> to post a credited picture to a web site, even if it is scanned from a
book.
> I'm sorry if it doesn't work this way, I'm still learning.

I think you would need to ask permission from the copyright owner first. It
most cases that would be readily forthcoming for a non-profit website and as
long as the photo is credited to the owner. This applies to any published
material, not just photographs.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton