The QRHistory site (was Re: Avoid This Site!!!!!!!!!)

This message should have been posted off-line, not to aus.rail. I'd email
Glen privately, but anything sent to glen_evans@my-deja.com just bounces.

At the moment I'm still learning all the different rules regarding copyright
and it is my understanding that a photo can be used on a site as long as it
is credited to the original photographer and it is used for non-profit
purposes. If there is more to it than that, tell me. I consider it harmless
to post a credited picture to a web site, even if it is scanned from a book.
I'm sorry if it doesn't work this way, I'm still learning.

I will take the offending pictures down during the week, and I apologise for
any inconvenience this has caused for any of the photographers that have had
their photos displayed on QR history without permission.

ICQ: 51909829

PS. Regarding what you said about the photos on QR history that were
obtained from Railpage.

Regarding all pictures on Railpage, why don't they have credits and contact
details beside each photo????? At the moment every photo on Railpage looks
like its public domain. There are absolutely no credits whatsoever telling
who the photo belongs to, or who to contact to use the photo else where.
(David B. thats an idea for Railpage, make sure the name of the
photographer, and email address is displayed for each photo) Anyway, the
photos from Railpage are staying on the site for the moment, I have already
had a number of the photographers come forward and have granted me
permission to keep the photos on the site.