Re: [QR] New Citytrain timetable + Northern line happenings

"Brendan Morley" <morb_@_bit_._net_._au> wrote in message
P5%z5.19$QI.1128574@news.interact.net.au">news:P5%z5.19$QI.1128574@news.interact.net.au...
> Fellow aus.railers,

<snip>

> Therefore yesterday I went out to Northgate and Zillmere to observe some
of
> the first day of movements under the new timetable - especially now the
> middle road is being used between Northgate and Lawnton.

The Middle Road is currently open only as far as Bald Hills.

<snip>

> The middle road from Lawnton-Northgate is only used for "tidal flow"
express
> services (certainly platform 2 at Zillmere didn't seem fit to take
> passengers).

When the Middle Road was commissioned between Northgate and Bald Hills
yesterday (Mon 25), an instruction was issued that stopping trains were not
to be routed on the Middle Road between Geebung and Bald Hills. Zillmere
platform 2 works will be complete by Sunday 1 October 2000. The instruction
will be rescinded from Monday 2 October 2000.

> pm peak trains heading out on the Northern Main line (ie. platform 4
Albion
> to Nundah) either continue through platform 4 at Northgate if an all
stopper
> (continuing on the Down road to Lawnton)

Strictly speaking, the "stopper" continues to its destination on the Down
road (whether it be Petrie or Caboolture). The old Down line between Bald
Hills and Petrie is still called the Down line at this stage. The "stopper"
switches from the "new" Down line to the "old" down line at Bald Hills. then
continues to Petrie or Caboolture, as the case may be. One exception -
since the Lawnton to Petrie bi-directional signalling has already been
commissioned, a Petrie train will sometimes be routed via the Up line from
Lawnton to Petrie platform 3.

Hope this helps.

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, Australia

Email - mattyq1009@dingoblue.net.au

Notice - All comments and opinions made herein are that of the author only
and do not represent the official view of QR. All text included in this post
(and/or reply) is copyright to the author. This message may not be
reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission of the
author.