Re: Far northern tilt train on schedule

> Also Rocky-Cairns section have lots of timber bridges/road-rail share
> section plus steep grade and tight curves. It would be wiser to upgrade
> to satisfy condition before electrifrication can go ahead.

It may have been the case years ago, but in 1992 to 1995 the timber bridges
were replaced with concrete bridges.

> Depends on the tourism potential...i have been told Greenvale line is a
> very scenic line. As well as the avaiablility of the suitable rolling
> stock.....maybe a 2000 class railcar?

Sadly the line was ripped.  I was very angry when I learnt that the line was
being ripped.  I was very angry because the government was overlooking the
fact that the line have great huge tourism potiental which could offer a
country train ride between Townsville and Greenvale, and I stayed at
Greenvale two times this year, and it was so beautful all set in a typical
Aussie country.

Sadly the people may never get the chance to travel between Townsville and
Greenvale, and that line was used to transport nickel from greenvale to
townsville, but then the mine have been shut since 1992 when nickel ran out.
(

William Walker