Re: Melbourne on track for a connie comeback

----------
In article <gFNy5.56123$c5.156915@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, "David Lindstrom"
<D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote:

>Connie supporters say the new taxpayer-funded tram conductors
>should wear traditional uniforms (the green of the 1980s or the
>brown of the 1970s), complete with leather bag, and perform the
>traditional roles of bell-ringing, ticketing and passenger
>assistance.

Uniform?? What about South Melbourne connies, bright leggings, multiple
earrings, multi coloured hair, you always knew when you had a south Melb
connie. I bet they won't get a chance for that any more, but it was always
part of the fun of travel, conductors were always anthing but normal (in the
nicest possible way)

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne