Re: Plasma Screen

Ian wrote in message
<39cdbe77$0$26535$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...
>I notice that many of you mention 'plasma screens' in your postings. I
*do*
>know what they are but can't understand why you call them this name . Maybe
>'Erk ' could inform us he is always mentioning them.........

They are called plasma screens because that is how they work, electrons
excited to cause plasma bursts in cells which act on a phosphor to create
coloured Light. (red, green, blue if you dont know that - same as your TV
screen, assuming its colour).  Seems simple but it has taken a lot of
Research to get them working.  Why CityRail is using them in daylight is
however beyond me as they have low light output and get "washed out" by
sunlight very easily.

Aus Viz