Re: Latest news on Speedrail

Something to do with the contract I am told.
The saying "you can shear a sheep many times,  but only skin a sheep once"
(taxpayer being the sheep) applies here.
This problem has also been mentioned in the SMH with  the NSW auditor
general making noises about the deal.

"William Miller" <backtran@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
39cb27b4$0$26533$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39cb27b4$0$26533$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> Chris <chrisc@fl.net.au> wrote in message 39c9cb4c$1@fl.net.au">news:39c9cb4c$1@fl.net.au...
> >
> > Alstom and ABB have teamed up in Australia to do heavy engineering work.
> > heard they have no chance of getting Redbank stage 2.
> >
> Alstom and ABB Power Generation merged (through a JV) their world-wide
(not
> just Aus) Power capabilities only and had little to do with either group's
> rail interests. Alstom has since bought ABB's 50% share of ABB Alstom
Power