Re: [NSW] Adverse publicity for CityRail

The problem with the media is that it's not good news if there are no
problems!  (Although there could be praise coming, but more than likely
later rather than sooner ... after all you don't want egg on your face
saying that things are going well, then all of a sudden it turns to
custard.)   I certainly hope that City Rail does get some praise in the end.

Here's another snippet - this time from my ISP

 Wed 13 September 2000  Home  News  World News  Story

Olympic Rail Timetable In Chaos
07:14AM Wed Sep 13 2000 NZST

Sydney's CityRail has brought in its Olympic timetable today causing
immediate problems.

Three northern line services were cancelled in the first hour leaving dozens
of angry commuters stranded.

Security guards and off-duty CityRail employees were left to bear the brunt
of irate and frustrated commuters.

*** end snippet  ***

This one has me wondering about journalists!  To cancel 3 trains and only
have "dozens of angry commuters stranded"  seems like the trains aren't
carrying many passengers.  And the off-duty CityRail employees - are they
the ones not wearing ties?  ;-)

Cheers
Michael

"magilla gorilla" <choochoo72@mailcity.com> wrote in message
39BDBD03.2E60978D@mailcity.com">news:39BDBD03.2E60978D@mailcity.com...
> Simon Lane (cityrail boss) thinks cityrail has got a raw deal from the
media and
> in some cases they have but if you look at the big picture cityrail has
had
> problems
>
> Michael McDonald wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > Tonight's (Sunday) news on TV One (NZ) contained a short item about
Olympic
> > Transport (taxis, buses, and trains).  I'm sorry to record that the
negative
> > publicity that you've mentioned before is being carried overseas.  The
> > section on trains seemed to be completely negative, highlighting the
> > statistic of one derailment per week.  Video clips were of a train or
two in
> > the dirt and an overcrowded platform at one of the underground stations.
In