Re: Line beyond......

<maikha_l@hotmail.com> wrote in message 8q91q0$14p$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8q91q0$14p$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> To all.
>
> I'm a little curious about a few sections of track in NSW.
>
> 1. Is there any track beyond Nowra (Bombardary or something)? I know
> it's not electrified beyond Dapto.
<snip>

An all metal Whipple truss bridge was built across the Shoalhaven River at
Nowra in 1879-81 and was intended for a railway to the South Coast.  This
bridge has been used as a highway bridge ever since.  See pages 42 & 43 of
Don Fraser's book "Briges Down Under" the history of railway underbridges in
New South Wales published by ARHS NSW Division 1995.

I would recommend that you beg, borrow, buy or steal a copy of this book, a
great source of information to inspire a young mind.

Ted