Re: Connex site runs slow

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 06:20:51 GMT, "Andrew Box" <boxy@bigpond.net.au>
wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I just found out why the connex site is slow, it runs on Windows NT 4
>servers running IIS 4.0 web server.  One good thing about bayside is that
>they host their site on Solaris running apache web server.
>
>If you r interested to find out what server a web site is using vist
>
>http://www.netcraft.com/whats/

Since you make no mention about the hardware, which obviously does
make a difference, can we assume that it too is fairly basic in being
486dx-50, 32mb ram and a 100mb hard disk? Perhaps it is using a
14.4Kbs modem as well.

There is nothing wrong with IIS4. We run Proxy Server 2 without any
hassles. Stick enough memory in it (>64mb) and it will fly.

Les Brown