Re: [NSW] Tarago Ore Train

"keith malcolm" <kmalcolm@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
9QGw5.7$H34.870@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:9QGw5.7$H34.870@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...

> Alan Shaw <brindabella@primus.com.au> wrote in message
> 39c2e64c$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:39c2e64c$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> > . is there anything still left at Tarago of the loader

Dave's right about the test cars, still there last Wednesday when I went
through, just near the railway crossing on the Bungendore road.  The mine's
closed, the workers who lost their jobs didn't receive all their
entitlements.  There was a proposal afoot to employ many of these men in
filling the huge hole in the ground with waste brought up from Sydney by
train, but this proposal seems to have lapsed.
Some of the locals in Tarago (probably about half a dozen) were opposed to
this proposal, and there were notices posted around the village trying to
stop it.  I believe most of the miners actually lived in Goulburn, only half
an hour away by car.

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra